Expert Utility Coordination Services
Utility coordination is important to the success of the design and construction phases of projects and limits surprises that could affect a project’s timeline and budget. Using new technologies and innovative approaches, our utility experts carefully identify and analyze utilities and develop a comprehensive plan to relocate the utilities before construction. This ensures the project site is ready with clear pathways for the construction team to move forward.
Our utility coordination plan includes the following:
• Developing a utility contacts list
• Organizing and conducting preliminary design meetings
• Ensuring SUE data is incorporated into design plans
• Providing standard agreements and forms for the development of utility agreements
• Making available as many conflict resolution options as possible
• Developing and maintaining a utility tracking system and schedule to monitor the utility milestones
• Utility construction management and verification activities are provided to ensure compliance with the Manual on Uniform Traffic Control Devices and Stormwater Pollution Prevent Plan
• Verifying the utilities are constructed in conformance with the Utility Accommodation Rules and they are constructed in accordance with the plans and specifications
• Assisting in the review of invoices and final payment
Wes Kaisershot leads SUE and Utility Coordination at SurvWest. He is an experienced professional civil engineer specializing in subsurface utility engineering (SUE), utility coordination, conflict analysis, utility engineering, utility adjustment design, oversight, and construction monitoring and verification. His deep and rounded experience working for the Federal Highway Administration (FHWA), TxDOT, and the private sector allows him to successfully manage complex projects that require high degree of attention to detail, expertise in federal and state regulations, knowledge of the various client levels in command, and appreciation for the work and review processes that occur.